Membership is open to all individuals, irrespective of sex, race and/or colour, who undertake to comply with the regulations as contained in the constitution.
Applications to be handed to the secretary, there are four different membership categories:
- All members under the age of 20 years. He/She may participate in all activities of the Club but may not vote at any meeting. (Not yet 20 years old on 31 December in the year of
- Are any active licensed members (athletes) of good standing, who are entitled to vote at any meeting and may serve as office bearers.
- Are not athletes but are active registered, paid-up members of good standing, who are entitled to vote at any meeting and may serve as office bearers.
- Should extraordinary services be rendered by an individual to the Club, he/she can be awarded Honorary life Membership to the Club.
- Nominations for Honorary Membership must be made in writing to the secretary for approval at the Annual General Meeting by the Executive Committee
- Honorary members are entitled to vote and serve as office bearers.
Criteria for Honorary member:
- 5 years service on Executive committee
- 10 years service on the committee
- 20 years membership
A must for members:
- Members are obliged to pay their membership fees.
- All members participate at their own risk.
Cessation of membership may occur:
- On dissolution of the Club.
- Through written notice by the member him/herself
- Through suspension of the member by the Executive Committee
Members are obliged to do duties on Races (BATTLEFIELDS, SPAR) and that the committee will ensure a proper PRE or POST RUN for club members. Club members working for a salary on race day will be excused, club members working for salary on PRE or Post Run need permission from committee to run on actual race day